Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Suitcase

I had soooooo much fun designing this class which ran in November.....it's messy, full of texture, has some of my favourite colours, plus one happy accident which I got a lot of mileage out of.

See my...
1. Little home made compass - Tim Holtz spinner, foam dot, string, and jewellery pins.

2. My Happy Accident... to get this texture, I first stamped with my Purple Onion postmark stamps, added some patterned paper, inked it, painted over the whole thing with Elmer's glue (because I was lazy) and poured UTEE all over. And when the UTEE melts, the Elmer's glue seems to mix with it and sometimes make nice whitish 'stains' (you can see it more clearly on the top right and bottom left corners below) Then I inked everything all over again to get more ink into the cracks and crevices.

And then, because I had so much fun doing that, I did it again! This time on top of my green patterned paper, using some lace cardstock as a mask. (i.e. temporarily paste on lace cardstock, paint with Elmer's glue, remove lace cardstock, pour UTEE, melt everything, then ink all over)A big thank you to everyone who came to class and gamely got their fingers seriously dirty! I hope the ink's come off by now!

3 comments:

Wati Basri said...

thanks for sharing the techs here Sharon! love it..should give it a try and get messy!

Wendy Kwok said...

This is one cool project. Love love the textures!

Shirley said...

I missed this class!!! How could I have missed this class??!! I want again leh! So out of mojo these few weeks.... Love your box so much!