Monday, July 19, 2010

Great Weather for Sleeping In

God made days like today for picnics at the beach and snoozes in the sun....... which unfortunately I can't quite do right now. But, I'm enjoying my day nonetheless - the lovely weather makes me happy.

Here's a sleepy little someone....

Layout Title: Dream On


Here's a close up of my favourite bit of the layout:



And here's how I did it:
1. Sprinkle metallic coloured UTEE onto the page in a 'splat' shape
2. Melt with heat gun from under the page (don't heat from above unless you really enjoy sweeping the floor)
3. While UTEE is still hot (and liquidy), stamp into the puddle (I used my crackle stamp)

Incidentally, do try to use a rubber stamp 'cos I suspect bad things will happen to your clear stamps if you abuse them this way...

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Great LO, perfect colour match ... I like it!!
xxx Peggy

Julie said...

love it sharon looks awesome

Jessy Christopher said...

Gosh u always end up with interesting techniques whenever you scrap!! I wish I can have that each time!! That layout is beautiful, especially the colors & how precious that u managed to capture that moment :)

Edleen said...

really love this page. so the vintage!

jaz lee said...

Sharon, how clever!!! always love your unique techniques!!! this layout is fabulous! you did it again Sharon ;) and tfs ;) luv,jaz

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Sharon.. Always amazed with all your explorations and experiments.. Nice B&W.. I like :)

Peg said...

Awesome technique!
Thanks for sharing, I'm off to play :-)