Friday, June 3, 2011

What Valentine's Day???!

Did you know that in Brazil, Valentine's Day is celebrated in June? (neither did I...you learn something new everyday eh?)

Well, not much difference to me since hubby and I don't celebrate V-day! haha. And I made a layout about it for the very first challenge at Scrap for Help:

Layout Title: What Valentine's Day??!
 " We never go anywhere for Valentine's dinner,
I have never gotten any Valentine's day flowers
We never celebrate Valentine's day....but...
I know you always care
You always forgive me
You make sure everything is ok
You always tell me so...
I don't need Valentine's Day
To know that you love me"

So....the challenge is to create a project (it can be anything) with a valentines / love theme and you have to use bubble wrap in some way on your project.  I used bubble wrap to make the blue hearts on my layout since its an 'anti-valentine's day colour' (The phrase "I hate to burst your bubble..." comes to mind, haha).

Check out the many cool ideas for using bubble wrap from the DT girls! And you can also see the list of sponsors who are sponsoring this first challenge! Lots of goodies to be won!

The non-Valentine's day-celebrating Baboo has been away for 4 days now...and I can't wait till he gets home.

8 comments:

Cynthia Lloréns said...

I just love your page..just a great work...and the details are gorgeus!!!
Sharon...I´m so happy ..happy...to work with you in the same DT TIME...for me make me very honored!!!You are so talent!!!!
I´m glad and very honored!!!
I wish a great weeke with the family...and thanks again for be with us!!!!
Kisses and huges
Cynthia

Merdrey said...

Love your journaling..so sweet!! I think i may try out the challenge too...ahah..say only =)

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon,

Great concept of the Love theme! Men are so romantic, aren't they? I'm sure Valentine's Day is on top of their favorite holidays..next to our anniversaries ;-) if you know what I mean {wink}..Anyway, love your project!! Great to be working along side with you at Scrap for Help. Hugs, Marivic

Heather Jacob said...

wow Sharon this id so creative and I love how you journal with such honesty from your heart .... a wonderful gift indeed.... you have a great sense of humour I can tell ...
now to the LO I absolutely love it !!!! innovative and clever how you have used the bubble wrap ... such an inspiring blog you have created here ... love and hugz, heather xoxo

Tania Martyns said...

Sharon,
Thank you for your comment on my layout.
I am a big fan of your work, your designs are wonderful, the details are amazing.
I am very happy to be part of Scrap for Help with you!
Hugs,
Tania.

Sasha Farina said...

super sweet! and yes... don't need to be Vday to celebrate lah!

Wendy Kwok said...

I love the colors, the textures and the drops of paint. Stunning page!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and cool page great color combo and lovely details.
byeee,lean