Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Made From Scratch

My favourite kind of albums / books are the kind that are made absolutely from scratch - without any pre-made album covers or pages.  Major sense of satisfaction.  Of course, this doesn't happen very often (it's tiring to figure out measurements and my brain isn't wired for numbers) but here's one I made recently for class:

It's made of pieces of cardboard box wrapped with raw canvas.

Closed
 Open
 Inside - accordian books
 back

The canvas cover's covered with mists and ink and stamping - which makes for yummy messy fingers in the process.  Best part of class.

 The little metal clothes hanger is just too cute

A big inky-fingered hi-five to all the lovely ladies who joined this class - we had fun eh?  :) and a special hello to Jamie who spent part of her holiday with us!

13 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

OMG Sharon ... my mouth is wide open this is outstanding .... I just love it ... so amazing ... wow wow wow !!!! cant stop looking at it .. gorgeous .. hugz x

Jaime Lee said...

Hi Sharon, thank you for mentioning my name in your blog heehee. I have so much fun in your class and I love it!! I will post mine which finally I have completed everything back home, but I thought I would want to stucked my photos in first before I start taking photos ;)

AnnaB said...

Oh, this is truly fab! Love it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creation !

curlyqmosaics said...

OMG! This is absolutley fabulous! I love the tans and reds together, the masking & all the wrapped twine! This is insanely cool, LOVE it!

Jessy Christopher said...

Such a brilliant album! Love the accordian inside :)

Blossom inch said...

beautiful album...I totally like it! so many things to see and a lot of details!

Blossom inch said...

beautiful album...I totally like it! so many things to see and a lot of details!

Nancy Wethington said...

This is fabulous!!!!! Oh to be on the other side of the world and take your classes.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Sharon ..this is outstanding !!!!
When I grown up I will like to be just like you...a big artist a wonderful and talented scrapper!!!
You are such a amazing girl..I just love to look your blog..and see how you have created!!!!
I wish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges
Cyndi

donna mikasa said...

simply brilliant work! I really love the stenciling...

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Sharon...I love your visit..and
I do not ever get tired of admiring your work.
Yesterday when I looked at your work for hours.
I could see the genius in each work
I'm your fan and I love everything you do!!
You're the queen of the mini album!
And I think you a person of extraordinary talent ..
So my dear you really have a big friend in here in Brazil
Thanks for evrything!!
I wish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges
Cynthia

selena said...

it's merveillous
kiss